The Politics of Cam Work
Cam sites offer performers benefits in the form of giving the actor more control over various things:
1. I can choose my own schedule, and it is easy to set it with the software that is provided. I can alter that schedule anytime.
2. I can see each customers screen name, and if they misbehave, I can either block them permanently or simply kick them off if I don’t like the way they are treating me.
3. I choose my per minute price, and I can change that price at any time depending on things such as the economy or my level of ability or if I learn something new (like squirting) and decide that my shows are worth more money.
4. I can add videos or pictures at any time.
5. I can choose to use audio, Cam 2 Cam, or H.D.
6. I can choose to only allow users with credit cards to come into my, “room.”
There are a few general rules of thumb in cam work:
1. Most sites do not allow incest fantasy, urination, scat, rape, and fisting. You can do role play, but you must make sure that you do not do anything that can qualify as too obscene. In order to determine what is too obscene, you should trust your instincts on that.
Word of caution: There are people who will try to get you to do things that you do not feel comfortable doing, and these people are like trolls. In order to deal with these guys, just try to use good judgment. Never do anything that makes you feel so bad that you would be too offended. Otherwise, cam work can make you a nice sum of money, and it is often fun. I get a lot of compliments from men, and it makes me feel very good most of the time. I have a lot of fun, and that is why I do it. I would highly recommend it for women who are interested in making a bit of money on the side, and if you are a sex educator or sex therapist, I would recommend it for those women and men, as well.